Early Learning Center has provided a strong foundation for Glencoe's preschoolers for more than 35 years. Our goal for children is not just school-readiness, but life-readiness: the ability to problem-solve, work with others, feel good about oneself and one's abilities and meet new challenges with interest and curiosity. We promote active play, take time for the creative arts, taste foods from other cultures, try words in unfamiliar languages, and set the stage for life in the world community.
Visit us and see:
- Children actively engaged in learning, whether exploring worms in the media table or cruising the room, magnet in hand, seeking the magic pull of metal
- An easel in a sunny corner, where every young artist can create with joy
- Teachers side-by-side with students, kneeling in the wooden block construction zone or lending a hand as children mix up a treat for Sharing Day
- Bikes and scooters whizzing around the trike track on our state-of-the-art playground, decked with butterfly bushes, basketball hoops, and climbers to suit every size
- Parents who stop in to tell a tale, lead a cooking project, or join Mom's Morning, Dad's Night, or Messy Morning
You'll hear laughter, music, and learning, and you'll understand why Glencoe families turn to Early Learning Center to provide their children's first school experience.
Download Early Learning Center(PDF) to learn more about our classrooms or visit our website.
Teachers Make the Difference
We pride ourselves on our ties to the community; some of our teachers have been with Glencoe Park District preschools for more than twenty years! Staff educational backgrounds vary, with degrees in Special Education and Fine Arts, and life experiences that encompass parenting and grandparenting. This broad depth of knowledge enables us to provide an exceptional preschool experience, supporting the growth of your child with love and skill.
With the support of hundreds of Early Childhood Educators, the Illinois Early Learning Standards were established to provide developmentally appropriate benchmarks for preschool teachers seeking to understand their role in the educational continuum. Our Early Learning Center teachers use this resource to guide classroom experiences and activities, providing a solid foundation for developmental and experiential learning.