Enhance your life while giving back to the community through various volunteer service opportunities with the Glencoe Park District. Volunteers are essential to the success of our programs and special events.
- Give back to and strengthen the community
- Connect with others and meet new people
- Develop new skills and broaden your experience
- Feel a sense of achievement and purpose
- Good for your mind and body
- Career exploration or advancement
- To have fun!
- Receive Glencoe Park District rewards
Who can volunteer?
- Individuals and Families – choose an activity or special event based on your interests and availability.
- Businesses and Civic Organizations – build a community’s public image and improve staff morale by volunteering as a group.
- Teens and Social Groups – Boys and Girls 14 years and up are invited to gain valuable work experience or fulfill service hours for school or other organizations. Youth younger than age 14 may volunteer with a parent or legal guardian. Any volunteer under the age of 18 must have a parental signature to volunteer.
Click here to see the volunteer application with a list of potential volunteer opportunities. Don’t see what you’re looking for on this list? Please contact Volunteer Coordinator, Liz Visteen at [email protected] to inquire about additional opportunities.
Volunteer Instructors/Group Leaders
If you a special skill or knowledge base you would like to share with others such as art, nutrition or literature we welcome you to submit a Program Proposal Form to lead a new program at the Glencoe Park District.
What is the Volunteer Time Commitment?
This is up to each individual. Some volunteers may wish to volunteer on a regular basis in the same capacity while others may wish to volunteer for the occasional special event.
Volunteer Rewards Program
The Glencoe Park District always appreciates people willing to give their time and talents to make our community a great place to live and play. People who volunteer more than 10 hours per quarter are eligible for awards and incentives. More information will be provided to those who have committed to volunteer opportunities.
How to Get Started
All volunteers must complete and submit a Volunteer Application and pass a Criminal Background Check. Once we receive your application you will be contacted to complete the Criminal Background Check. Volunteer applications are available at the Glencoe Park District Takiff Center and on our website.
For more information on volunteering for the Glencoe Park District please contact Liz Visteen at 847-835-7538 or [email protected].