C.A.R.E. (Community Access to Recreation for Everyone) Scholarship
The Glencoe Park District is committed to providing recreation services to all residents who wish to participate in Park District services. The Glencoe Park District has established a financial assistance program to assist residents of the District, on a limited basis, who are experiencing temporary financial hardship. Based on the availability of funds, the Park District will attempt to provide financial assistance to those who qualify, i.e., if they meet the eligibility requirements. The Park District reserves the right to approve full or partial assistance, or deny an applicant’s request.
• The family or individual must reside within the boundaries of the Glencoe Park District and must provide both a driver’s license and current utility bill as proof of residency. For ELC scholarship recipients only, proof of residency in the Park District will be required prior to the beginning of the new school year, i.e., in August.
• Financial Assistance Applications must be re-submitted annually. Any changes to financial status must be reported promptly by the applicant to Family Service of Glencoe, i.e., if they will impact your status, percentage allowed, etc.
• Each approved family not attending Early Learning Center (ELC) or Kids Club will be entitled to receive financial assistance up to $1,500 annual max for an adult individual and/or family with one child, or, $2,250 annual max for a family with two or more children for any other Glencoe Park District program
, excluding Children’s Circle, one day trips, and contractual programs.
• Each approved family attending ELC or Kids Club only will be entitled to receive up to $3,000 for one child and $4,500 family annual maximum if the household enrolls more than one child per year in ELC and/or Kids Club. Any monies remaining, i.e., after being applied to ELC or Kids Club, can be used toward a Glencoe Park District summer camp that same year.
• If your scholarship has been approved and based on the percentage and maximum amount allowed, families must make an appointment with the Registration/Customer Service Manager two weeks or earlier, i.e., before the first day of the program, to review their assistance options, answer any questions, and/or establish a Special Payment Arrangement Plan (which would apply to ELC and/or Kids Club).
• All information submitted is confidential and is not a matter of public record of the Glencoe Park District or Family Service of Glencoe.
• All information on the application must be true and accurate. All financial assistance awards are legally recoverable by the Glencoe Park District if paid and awarded on the basis of false information supplied by the applicant, and will nullify your request for financial assistance.
• All registration policies apply to financial assistance applicants.
• All financial assistance shall be awarded solely based upon the individual need of the applicant without regard to race, color, gender, religion or sex.
• A child may only be claimed on one application per year and a new application must be submitted annually.