Frequently Asked Questions
Everyone age 2 and above must wear a mask. Glencoe Park District follows local health and CDC guidelines for face masks. Below are answers to questions about mask use. Please check back frequently for updates.
Do adults need to wear a mask when dropping off their child in a car line?
- No, unless they need to speak with a staff member/get out of their car and cannot maintain social distancing while doing so.
Do adults need a mask to pick up or drop off my child from a class or a program (not a car line)?
- Yes. Parents need to wear a mask when walking up to a group.
Do kids need to have a mask on when being dropped off and picked up?
- Yes, children should have masks on at pick-up and drop offs.
Will instructors wear masks?
- Instructors will be required to wear masks at all times.
What if a child forgets their mask?
- We will have extra disposable masks on hand, but we do request this be a priority to check prior to coming to the Park District.
Does my child have to wear a mask if s/he is enrolled in a sports class held outside playing sports?
- Current state guidelines require masks to be worn during all activities. Specific activities may have different guidelines outlined by the DCEO.
Will the kids be able to take breaks to remove their masks?
- Staff has planned for breaks for children in longer programs when they are outside and socially distant.
How will you handle kids who refuse to wear a mask or keep removing it?
- They’ll gently reminded that the rule is in place for their safety. Staff will speak with a parent and outline consequences if this continues.
How many masks should my child bring with them every day?
- We suggest two or three. Please bring them in a Ziploc bag with your child’s name on it.
Do children need to maintain social distancing when wearing a mask?
- No, they both should be masked.
What about when my child eats or drinks inside?
- Masks may come off to eat and drink from water bottles. Children are socially distanced from one another when eating and drinking.
Will teachers help kids put their masks on?
- Staff plans to teach children how to put them on and take them off properly.
Do you recommend a certain type of mask?
- Cloth or disposable masks are both fine. They should properly sized and cover both their nose and mouth.
I am an adult taking a fitness class. Do I need a mask?
- Our classes are set-up to be socially distant; however, current state guidelines require a mask during all group fitness classes.
Do I need a mask to use the Park District bathrooms when I’m taking a class?
- Yes, a mask will be needed to enter Takiff. At Watts, bathrooms accessible to the public are single stalls and will not need a mask to use; however, Summer Care and Kids Club programs also use the bathroom inside the Watts building and need a mask to enter the building.