Wednesday, June 9, 2021
Phase 5 Guidelines
Masks No Longer Required Outdoors
Glencoe Park District is proud to join the state of Illinois in moving to Phase 5 on Friday, June 11.
As we prepare for the next phase, we’d like to share how this will affect summer programming and operations, including camp. Throughout the pandemic, we’ve followed federal, state, and local guidelines for our operations. Recently, as restrictions have loosened, guidelines have shifted quickly (and often conflicted with older guidelines). As we head into summer, we will follow new CDC and DCFS guidelines for masks:
- The CDC has indicated that in general, people do not need to wear masks when outdoors. This includes all campers and outdoor program participants, as well as Glencoe Beach and park visitors.
- Masks must be worn indoors at all times by staff and participants at any Park District program that includes children under age 12. This is to protect individuals ineligible for vaccination and includes all preschool and school-age camps, as well as other indoor youth programs.
- Masks must be worn in "common spaces" at Park District facilities, including restrooms, hallways, lobbies, and entrances. This is to protect individuals ineligible for vaccination.
- Masks must be worn indoors by staff, parents, and children in our Early Childhood wing. This rule is mandated by our DCFS childcare license and includes Baby Bear, Panda Bear, Koala Bear, and Teddy Bear campers, as well as Children's Circle participants.
- Vaccinated individuals participating in programs with others over the age of 12 can choose to remove their masks once they arrive in their program space. This includes, but is not limited to, Glencoe Fitness, fitness classes, adult art, and adult ceramics programs, as well as some staff-only spaces. A sign is posted in these spaces that states "By entering this room without a face mask, you are verifying truthfully that you have been fully vaccinated or have an exemption from the Glencoe Park District." Mask-only times will continue to be offered at Glencoe Fitness.
If guidelines change, we will update you accordingly. If you have any questions about how this will affect your participation in a program, please contact your program manager. Contact us
We are looking forward to a safe and fun summer at the Glencoe Park District!