Open November 27, 2020-February 28, 2021
Watts Center has two lighted outdoor ice rinks and is located on more than three acres of land at Watts Park, which includes three tennis courts, a disc golf course, and soccer fields. In the winter months, the sledding hill at Watts Park has also been a longtime favorite of Glencoe residents of all ages. Glencoe Park District’s outdoor refrigerated skating facility operates (weather permitting) the day after Thanksgiving through the first Sunday in March. This unique facility is the home of figure skating lessons, ice hockey, and recreational skating.
Buy a Season Pass
We’re pleased to open the Watts ice rinks on Friday, November 27. Our goal is create a safe and fun environment that follows the Illinois Department of Public Health guidelines. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, our capacity at the rinks is limited. Therefore, access to the rinks will require the online purchase of a season pass (sales start October 23, 2020). There will be no daily passes sold this winter and the number of season passes sold will be limited. Guest passes will be available to season pass holders.
- LIMITED CAPACITY: Everyone who enters the rink must have a pass.
- SEASON PASSES ONLY: Daily passes will not be sold. Guest passes will be available for purchase.
- RESERVATIONS REQUIRED: Season pass holders are asked to reserve a time slot in advance by visiting glencoeparkdistrict.com
- NO BUILDING ACCESS: Visitors will enter the rinks through a gate. All personal belongings should be left at home. Visitors will have access to the building’s restroom facilities through an external door.
- SKATE RENTALS: Skate rentals will be available and sanitized between use.
- CLASSES & PROGRAMS: A full schedule of outdoor skating and hockey classes is available online. Students DO NOT need a season pass to participate in a class.
- MASK USE: All visitors will be required to wear a mask when at the facility.
Your season pass includes:
- ACCESS TO PUBLIC SKATE
- SPECIAL EVENTS: Friday Night Family Skates and special theme nights will only be available to season pass holders.
- OPTIONAL ADD-ONS: Open Hockey Pass and Guest Passes are available for season pass holders.
Please note, our operations may change due to state guidelines. For the most up to date information, please visit glencoeparkdistrict.com. Ice rentals are available from late November through early March; reservations will be accepted starting October 23, 2020. To rent ice, contact Adam Wohl.