The 10 & Under Tennis format is about fitting tennis to kids on age and physical size. Rackets are sized for small hands, and the courts are smaller and easier to cover so instead of waiting in line, kids can spend their time playing. Balls are lower in compression; they bounce lower and don’t move as fast so they are easier to hit. This allows kids time to get to the ball and helps them develop optimal swing patterns. All that equals more fun and less frustration!
- LITTLE MIGHTY MITES: Learn to hold a racket, hand-eye coordination, balance, and the beginning of stroke development in a fun environment.
- MIGHTY MITES: The main focus is learning the primary stages of athletic skills such as movement, balance and hand-eye coordination. Individual or team games accompany fun activities to help develop basic swing techniques and tactics.
- LITTLE ATHLETES: The basic tennis strokes are further developed; rallying is introduced along with basic match tactics.
- BIG ATHLETES: This class focuses on developing proper technique and learning match tactics. Players are introduced to the scoring system and can begin to play in-class matches and tournaments.
- JR. HIGH/HIGH SCHOOL PREP: Prepare yourself to play competitive tennis! We will work on developing strokes, spin, and power. Participants will learn through match play and drills.
If you’re looking to take your tennis game to a higher level or want to learn the basics of the game, Glencoe’s pro staff can help you accomplish your goals!
- BEGINNER: In this level, students are introduced to the game of tennis and receive basic instruction of forehand, backhand, serve, volley, rules, scoring, and proper tennis etiquette.
- ADVANCED BEGINNER: This level is for students who have progressed past the beginner program, but are not yet ready for intermediate. Emphasis is on the refinement of basic strokes.
- DRILL AND PLAY: 45-minute drills start each session. The emphasis is on organized match play with the intent of putting into effect what has been mastered from previous practice. Varied competition with tips from the pros strengthens your game skills. The level of play is advanced, so acceptance into the group play situation is set up at the teaching pro’s discretion.
Private & Semi-Private Lessons
Looking for private instruction? Or do you have a group of friends who would like to take a tennis class together? No problem! Glencoe Park District lets you form your own semi-private tennis class based on instructor and court availability. Available days and times may vary. Grab a group of friends and pick a time that works for you! To build your class, contact Bobby at email@example.com
More Tennis Opportunities