Class openings are filled on a first-come, first-served basis after registration opens.
Register Online Now
Register by Mail, Fax, or Drop-Off
- Choose your program and fill out the registration form completely, making sure the program number and birth date are included. You may register more than one family member on this registration form. PLEASE PRINT.
- Read and sign the “Waiver and Release” on the registration form. The registration will not be processed unless the waiver is signed. A parent/guardian must sign for children under 18 years of age.
- Payment may be made in the form of cash, check, Visa or MasterCard. If paying with cash, we recommend dropping off your registration in person. Checks should be made payable to the GLENCOE PARK DISTRICT. VISA OR MASTERCARD PAYMENT IS ACCEPTED ONLY AT THE TAKIFF CENTER, by mail, or by the fax number shown. Full payment is required for all programs except when noted otherwise.
- TELEPHONE REGISTRATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.
- Your completed registration form, with signed waiver, birth certificate(s) (if needed) and payment may be placed in an envelope and MAILED to GLENCOE PARK DISTRICT, 999 GREEN BAY ROAD, GLENCOE, IL 60022. The registration form can be submitted IN PERSON at the Registration Office or FAXED directly to the Registration Office at: (847) 835-7279.
- A copy of a birth certificate is needed for Glencoe Early Learning Center and preschool enrichment classes.
- Individuals who live or work in Glencoe for 30 hours or more each week on a regular basis will receive resident rates. In order to register at resident rates, you must contact the Registration Desk in advance and provide proof of employment.
- A $25 service fee will be charged for each returned check. Payment is required within ten days of notification. Otherwise, the participant will be dropped from the class. A $10 fee will be charged for declined credit cards.
Glencoe Park District Refund Policy
If you have any questions, please contact the Registration Office at (847) 835-3030.
Program fee refunds, less a service charge of 20% (not to exceed $20), will be made if a request is received at least (3) three full business days before the start of the program, by phone or in person at the Takiff Registration Office. After that, refunds can only be given for medical reasons or relocation and will be prorated.Refunds will not be given for one-day programs, trips (excluding School Day Off programs), or events that require advance registration.
- League refund requests are due seven days before the fee payment deadline. If a participant attends a clinic, but not any team practice or games, and requests a refund due to injury, or realizes after the clinic that the sport is not for their child, we will refund the league fee, minus $50 for the clinic, $10 for the jersey and a $20 service fee.
- When the Park District cancels programs due to insufficient registration, full refunds will be issued. Refunds will be issued within 7 business days of a class cancellation.
- For refunds less than $10, a household credit will be issued on your account to be used toward payment for future programs. All refunds may be credited to your household account, upon request.
- The Park District will not issue refunds for classes which are canceled due to inclement weather, or other circumstances beyond the District’s control. The Park District may schedule a make-up class, when possible.
- For Preschool, Children’s Circle, Day Camp and Kids Club refunds, please see below.
- All pre-paid group Fitness passes, Watts ice passes, Beach passes, and boat space rentals are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Glencoe Fitness passes will only be refunded as a result of relocation or medical reasons, less a processing fee of 20%, but not to exceed $20, and a deduction for the month(s) the membership was used.
- Other restrictions apply for facility rentals. Please see below.
- Refunds that occur once a session begins will only be refunded as a result of relocation or medical reasons and will be done on a “per class basis,” less a processing fee of 20%, and less for any amount incurred for materials, special clinics, costumes, uniforms, and/or other expenses. Prorated refunds will be based on the date the refund request is received and not the last attended date. Medical refunds require a doctor’s note and will be prorated based on the date the medical documentation is received; no service fee applies. Relocation out of the area: Upon receipt of appropriate documentation that reflects imminent relocation, a prorated refund will be issued with the applicable service fee.
Prorating of a program fee can be made for both -park district and contractual programs using the following guidelines:
• The program has met its minimum amount of participants.
• Both the Program Manager and Instructor approve the proration at the time the participant registers.
• Prorating can only be done in-person and not online.
• Proration cannot occur prior to the start date of a class.
• Spots cannot be held for proration.
• There will be no proration for any amount incurred for materials, costumes, uniforms, and/or other expenses.
• See camp guidelines for specific camp proration procedures.
Special Adult Fine Arts Prorating Guidelines (multi-week programs only)
• Proration can be done only at the time of in-person registration and not online.
• The program minimum must be met before proration for time off can take place.
• A medical note will be required for scheduled surgeries or medical procedures.
• Vacation requests (time off) must be communicated in advance; i.e., before the class start date.
• The limited number of days an adult registrant can miss and be prorated is limited to half of the total number of class dates, e.g., if the class meets 12 times, they cannot prorate/deduct more than 6 due to time off.
Refunds will be issued if requested at least (7) seven days before the start date of a camp, less a service fee of 20% of your total camp cost (Early Bird or Regular rate), with a maximum of $200. Note: If you drop your child from a camp less than (7) seven days prior to the start date of camp, NO REFUND will be issued. Refunds can only be given for medical reasons or relocation, and will be prorated. Camp proration will not be allowed (with the exception of one-week vacation for the 8 week camps only; this must be requested in-person and at the time of registration). Transferring between camps will be allowed, but only for the same number or additional weeks (for example, two weeks to two weeks, four weeks to eight weeks, or eight weeks to eight weeks). If you registered at the Early Bird rate and you transfer by or before 2/28, you will be charged the Early Bird rate for the new camp. If you transfer on or after 3/01, you will be charged the Regular rate.
Kids Club (Before and After School Care for Grades K-6)
A $125 non-refundable, non-transferable fee is required upon registration and is not applied toward the monthly tuition fees. Once the program has started; no prorated fees will be given for a partial month’s attendance or withdrawal.
Early Learning Center
A $125 non-refundable, non-transferable registration fee per child is required at the time of registration for all programs. This fee will not be applied toward your monthly tuition. When new to the program, prorated tuition will be given for partial months of attendance. Once the monthly billing has been charged there is no refund for partial month attended.
A $125 non-refundable, non-transferable fee is required with each new registration and it will not be applied toward the monthly tuition. If your initial start date in the program does not fall on the 1st of the month, you will be prorated for days not attended. No prorated fees will be given for partial month’s attendance once the initial start date has passed. Withdrawals from the program will only be prorated if 30 days’ notice is given. In lieu of full tuition payments during the summer, a $300 fee will be billed on June 1 to Children Circle registrants who withdraw early, and do not attend in June, July and August.
For more information, see our full policy.
general Wait List program Policy
All waitlisted customers will receive a refund if no class openings become available after 30 days from the start of a program. In the event openings occur, the Park District will notify the customer and payment will be due at that time. Payment must be received prior to the registrant being transferred in. For more information, see our full policy.
Children's Circle Wait List Program Policy
No fee is required for waitlisted families. If a potential participant enrolls and is accepted into the program, a one-time registration fee of $125 will be required. See separate procedures on Children’s Circle Wait List.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee Policy
The Glencoe Park District strives to consistently offer quality recreation programs to the public. If you feel our programs did not meet your expectations due to the quality of instruction, facilities, or program content, we will refund your money. This Guarantee excludes contractual programs, trips, leagues, special events, seasonal beach/ice passes, and rentals. To be eligible for a refund, you must: 1) Attend at least two classes and inform us within 48 hours after the second class, and 2) Complete our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee form.
Participant and Parent Code of Conduct Policy
No participant shall, on the basis of race, sex, creed, national origin, sexual orientation or disability be denied equal access to programs, activities, services or benefits or be limited in the exercise of any privilege, advantage or opportunity. More