NEW! Random Acts of Kindness
Start Date: 2/17/2019 1:00 PM
End Date: 2/17/2019 4:00 PM
Did you know kindness is contagious? It’s true! One small act of kindness can create a ripple effect. We’ll share kindness stories and then go to work, creating projects to help others.
- Learn about volunteer opportunities from 7 local non-profits
- Create faux bouquets for Highland Park Hospital patients, write cards to Support Our Troops, and make blankets for The Cradle
- Drop-off donations to the following charities:
- Selah requests donations of new makeup (foundation blush, lip gloss, lip color, eyeshadow, mascara, eyeliner, compact mirror, makeup wipes, nail polish, nail polish remover wipes, and small tissue packs) as well as $5 gift cards to Starbucks/Dunkin Donuts or $10 gift cards for McDonalds, Popeyes, Panera
- New Trier Township Food Pantry requests canned fruit, cereal, paper goods (Kleenex, paper towels, toilet paper), laundry detergent, pasta sauce, cookies, crackers, and granola bars
- PAWS requests un-opened wet or dry dog, puppy, cat, or kitten food of any type, dog treats of any type, and dog or cat toys (not children’s toys; no stuffed animals)
This intergenerational program is free and open to all ages. It’s co-sponsored by the Glencoe Park District, Family Service of Glencoe, and the Woman’s Library Club.